If you are pregnant...
You must immediately consult your Obstetrician, apart from your routine checkups in pregnancy, if you have any of the symptoms mentioned below.
In First 3 months of pregnancy (First Trimester):
- There is even small amount of Bleeding or Spotting
- There is severe intermittent pain in lower abdomen
- Your Morning sickness disappears completely and suddenly
In Second 3 months of pregnancy (Second Trimester):
- Bleeding from vagina
- Excessive Discharge from vagina with or without itching or burning
- You do not feel baby’s movement
In Last 3 months of pregnancy (Third trimester)
- Any amount of bleeding from vagina with or without pain
- Excessive swelling of feet or face
- Severe Headache
- Fetal Movements less than 10 per day, especially in last month.
- Pain in lower abdomen starting at back and womb becoming tight with pain
- Excessive discharge, (especially watery discharge) wetting your cloths.
Every woman can produce adequate milk to feed the baby for first 3 months if
- She feeds the baby regularly & persistently
- She avoids top feeds (bottle-feeding) once breast-feeding is established.
- She breast-feeds her baby regularly unless told by her doctor to stop it.
Dr. Vaijayanti Bhoraskar